- This event has passed.
Small Scale Landlording
January 13 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$75
Getting started in real estate investing with single family homes, duplexes, triplex and fourplexes
NOTE: This is NOT a sales presentations or a “teaser” to sell more expensive courses. The course will present, as completely as possible, an explanation of the process of buying small buildings to rent out to residential tenants in central Illinois.
- Motivation for investing in real estate – risks and rewards
- Skills and aptitudes helpful to a real estate investor
- Finding a real estate agents and understanding how to work with them
- Running the numbers, evaluating real estate deals
- Bargain hunting
- Renovations and working with contractors
- Renting units – determining market rent, advertising, showing the property and running background checks
- Unit maintenance, ongoing property management
- Bookkeeping, taxes, and evaluating your investments